F, b. 1646, d. 16 September 1708
Marguerite-Josephe was born in 1646 in Bourges, Berry, France. She was the daughter of Raymond de Tavenet & Elisabeth de Manselin.1 Her first appearacne on Quebec records was on 26 April 1663, meaning she had immigrated sometime in the previous year. Marguerite-Josephe married Joseph-Francois Hertel, son of Jacques Hertel and Marie Marguerie, on 2 September 1664 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, at the Basilica of Notre Dame.2 Francois & Marguerite had children: Zacharie-Francois [m. 1/17/1695 Marie-Charlotte Godfroy], Madeleine [m. 1694 Etienne Veron], Jacques [3/16/1667-9/04/1748][m. 11/26/1691 Marguerite-Therese Godfroy], Jean-Baptiste [10/26/1668-1721][m. 11/23/1698 Jeanne Dubois & 2nd 2/06/1708 Marie-Anne Baudouin], Louis [5/14/1673], Rene [3/26/1675], Lambert [10/17/1677], Marie Francoise [11/01/1679-3/05/1770], Claude [1/02/1682], Michel [10/07/1685], Pierre [3/18/1687], Marguerite-Therese [10/17/1690] & Joseph [ -8/09/1723][m. 7/04/1698 Catherine Philippe].3 1666, Marguerite-Josephe and her husband, Joseph-Francois, were listed on the Canadian Census in Trois-Rivieres. Enumerated in this household were Francois Hertel [24 years], his wife: Marguerite-Josephe Tavenet [20 years] & Zacharie-Francois [8 months].4 Their son, Jean Baptiste, led the Indians in raids into the English colonies including the Deerfield Massacre. Marguerite-Josephe departed this life on Sunday, 16 September 1708 in Chambly, Quebec, Canada, at age 62 years. She was buried there in the churchyard of St-Joseph on Monday, 17 September 1708.5
|Joseph-Francois Hertel b. c 3 Jul 1642, d. 29 May 1722|
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Individual Certificate Number 24328.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Marriage: 2 September 1664 - Joseph Hertel, son of the late Jacques Hertel & Marie Marguery; and Marguerite-Josephe de Thavenet, daughter of the late Raymond de Thavenet & Elisabeth de Manselin; at the parish of Notre-Dame, Montreal - www.genealogiequebec.com.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Famiy Cedrtificate Number.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Number 96182.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Burial: 17 September 1708 - Marguerite-Joseph de Tavenet; died: yesterday; wife of Francois Hertel de Chambly; age: 60 years; at the parish of St-Joseph, Chambly. - www.genealogiequebec.com.