- [S6] Getroit Genealogical Society, "Marriage Valentine Seaman & Anna Ferris, 1794," Society for Genealogical Research Magazine Volume 48 (Number 2 [Winter 1984]): page 56 - MARRIAGE OF VALENTINE SEAMAN AND ANNA FERRIS; 1794 - couresy of the Burton Historical Collection of the Detroit Public Library --
This Quaker marriage certificate is among the Leggett Family Papers in the Burton Historical Collection.
"Whereas, Valentine Seaman of the city and state of New York, Physician, son of Willet Seaman of the City and State of aforesaid and Mary his Wife and Anna Ferris, daughter of John Ferris and Anna his wife of the City and State aforesaid, having declared their Intentions of Marriage with each other before two monthly meetings of the people called Quakers, held in the City of New York and Township of Flushing and State aforesaid, according to the good Order used amongst them, and they haveing consent of Parents, and Parties concerned and nothing appearing to obstruct their said Proposals were allowed of by said meetings...
And Moreover they the said Valentine Seaman and Anna Ferris She according to the Custom of Marriage assumeing the Name of Her Husband as a further confirmation did then and there to these presents set their Hands.
And We whose names are hereunto subscribed being present at the Solomizeation of said Marri[age and subscription have as Witnesses thereunto set our Hand the Day and Year above written. Signed Valentine Seaman and Anna Seaman. Recorded in Book B folio 48 and compared by Ebenezer Haviland, Recorder."
[column one] Joseph Townsend, Oliver Hull, Parnella Harrington, Abigail Willits, Mary Pearsall, Jane Haviland, Hannah Pearsall, Mary Cook, Mary Hicks, Elizabeth Tutis, Elizabeth White, Phebe Honeywell, ---?-- Cock, Benjamin Haviland, Charles P. Wright, Henry Titus, Martha Titus, John White, Phila Dalapaine,
[column two] Edmund Prior, James Honeywell, Samuel Seaman, Margaret B, Haydock, Ann King, Henry Haydock, Jun., William F. Pell, Rich, Laurence, Roger Hunt, Penelope Hull, Jr., Ann Underhill, Jr., Margaret Haviland, Elizabeth Underhill, Darah Haydock, Dam Delaplaine, Wilenia Barnes, Ann Haviland, Willet Seaman, Jr.
[colume three] Willett Seaman, John Ferris, Anna Ferris, Elizabeth Ferris, Elizabeth Cock, Mary Seaman, Phebe Ferris, Rachel Seaman, Mary Pell, Martha Willits, John Seaman, Ryal Ferris, Ebenezer Haviland, Martha Causten, Elizabeth Pugsley, Willet Huck, William P. Wright, John Seaman,.
- [S7] Esq., of Washington, D.C. Herbert F. Smith, "John Strickland of Long Island and His Sons-In-Law," The American Genealogist Volume 11 (Number 4 [April 1935]): pages 197-199 - "Under the circumstances, the statement that Elizabeth Strickland, wife of Captain John Seaman, was a daughter of John Strickland requires proof not yet forthcoming; and until such is produced it is believed correct to say that she was ver.
- [S17] Donald Lines Jacobus, History & Genealogy of the Families of Old Fairfield (Haven, Conn., The Tuttle, Moorehouse & Taylor Co., 1930; Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1976 .),.
- [S30] New York Historical Society, Collections of the New York Historical Society Abstract of Wills, (New York Historical Society 1895),.
- [S93] Elizabeth Seaman Leggett Journal of Elizabeth Seaman Leggett Detroit Public Library, The Burton Historical Collection, Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan.
- [S98] Harry Wright Newman, Anne Arundel Gentry (Author, Annapolis, Maryland 1979),.
- [S108] Field Genealogy (Hammond Press, Chicago, 1901),.
- [S117] Mary Thomas Seaman, The Seaman Family of America (Thomas A. Wright, Inc., Printers and Publishers, New York),.
- [S166] John Osborne Austin, Genealogical Dictionary of Rhode Island Families, Two Volume. (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company: 1978, c 1969),.
- [S183] Hemry Bainbridge Hoff, Long Island Source Records From the New Yow York Biographical & Genealogical Record (Baltimore Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc.: 1987),.
- [S335] Canadian, Marriage Records,.
- [S506] Note.
- [S640] W. J. Hardy., Calendar of Feet & Fines For London and Middlesex - Richard I to Elizabeth I, (London: Hardy & Page, 21 Old Buildings, Lincoln's Inn: 1892),.
- [S671] 1820 United States Federal Census - transcribed by Larry & Kathy McCurdy.
- [S675] 1860 United States Federal Census - transcribed by Larry & Kathy McCurdy.
- [S724] Nennonite Families: Clymer-Clemmer-Klemer-Klymer (1879-1884): - mennosearch.com.
- [S733] Josephine C. Frost., Ancestors of Frank Herbert DaVol and his wife, Phebe Downing Willits, (New York: F. H. Hitchcock, Genealogical Publisher, 1925),.
- [S863] Mabel Thacher Rosemary Washburn, Washburn family foundations in Normandy, England, and America (Greenfield Ind., 1953: W. Mitchell Printing Co.),.
- [S928] "Bagot Deeds: Deeds in connection with Bagot pedigree," The National Archives o of England.
- [S952] Find a grave.
- [S963] Walter Faxon & Edweard Henry Whorf, The Tayer [Thayer] Family Entries in the Parish Register of Thornbury, Glouchester,, www,archive,com, (Boston:),.
- [S990] Joseph Lemuel & Dean, John Ward Chester, London Marriage Licenses, Joseph Foster. (London: Quaritch, 15 Piccadilly, W. 1887),,.
- [S999] John Sir Bramston, The Autobiography of Sir John Bramston, K. B. of skeens, in the Hundred of Chelmsford (London: Printed for the Camden Society, John Bowyer Nichols and son, Parliment Street MDCCCXLV ),.
- [S1065] Privatized Bibler Family Tree - transcribed by Lisa M Sheets - familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/s/h/e/Lisa-M-Sheets-OH/TREE/0001tree.html.
- [S1066] Richard A. Pence, The Mill Creek Church (Mauck Meeting House).
- [S1108] Anna Kingbury, An Historical Sketch of Nicholas Busby, the Emigrant (Privately Printed: 1924),.
- [S1135] Melinda Lutz Sanborn., Third Supplement to Torrey's New England Marriages Prior to 1700, (Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. Baltimore, Maryland: 2005),.
- [S1144] Frederick Clifton Pierce, Fiske and Fiske Family (Private: 1896),.
- [S1181] Osgood Field, "Correspondence: Letter of Osgood Field dated: 24 March 1875," New York Genealogical & Biographical Record Volume 6, number 4 (October 1875): pages 193-195.
- [S1254] Charles Atwood, History of the Atwood Family in England & the United States (Boston: Press of George H. Ware, 1888),.
- [S1264] William Richard Cutter, New England Families, Genealogical & Memorial, (New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company, 1914),.
- [S1265] Bernard C. Steiner Honorable R. D. smith & communicated by his grandson, "The Descendants of John Parmelee," New England Historical & Genealogical Register Volume 53, number 4 (October 1899): pages 405-406.
- [S1278] Honorable Elijah Hayward, "Plymouth Colony Records," New England Historical & Genealogical Register Volume 9, number 4 (October 1855): ages 313-318.
- [S1308] "Plymouth Vital Records," The Mayflower Descendant Volume 19 Number 1 (January 1917): Pages 21-23.
- [S1309] George Earnest Bowman, "Widow Dorothy Brown's Will," The Mayflower Descendant Volume 18 No 2 (April 1916): pages 94-98.
- [S1337] George Walter Chamberlain, "The English Ancestry of the Chickerings of New England," New England Historical and Genealogical Register Volume 69 Numbrer 3 (July 1915): Pages 226-229.
- [S1348] Clarence Almon Torrey, "The Symmes in England," The American Genealogist Volume 12 Number 3 (July 1935): Pages 67-69.
- [S1366] L. S. Woodger, The History of Parliament: the House of Commons 1386-1421, J.S. Roskel. (L. Clark, C. Rawcliffe., 1993), www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1386-1421/member/wilford-john-1418,.
- [S1498] Nathaniel Emmons Paine, Thomas Payne of Salem & His Descendants
, Haverhill, Massaachusetts: 1928,.
- [S1595] Patricia Law Hatcher, "The Family of Philip [Sole] Sales of the Wintrop Fleet," New England Historical and Genealogical Register Volume 168 (January 2014): Pages 43-57.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute - www.genealogiequebec.com.
- [S1702] George E. McCracken, "Thomas Holcombe's Earlier Posterity - Part I," The American Genealogist
- [S1723] Clarence Almon Torrey, "The Whitbread Family of Gravenhurst, Bedfordshire, England," The American Genealogist Volume 32, number 3 (July 1956): pages 129-142.
- [S1756] Great Migration: Passengers of the Mary Anne of Yarmouth, 1637 - www.geni.com/projects/Great-Migration-Passengers-of-the-Mary-Anne-of-Yarmouth-1637/6456.
- [S1799] William B. Trask, "Abstracts From The Earliest Wills On Record In The County of Suffolk, Mass.," New England Historical & Genealogical Register Volume 9, number 2 (April 1855): pages 135-142.
- [S1827] Stanley W. Smith, "Chatham, Mass., Gravestone Records," The Mayflower Descendant Volume XIX, number 2 (April 1917): pages 49-.
- [S2030] England Marriages, 1538-1973 [IGI].
- [S2061] 1851 Canadian Census.
- [S2104] Tom Cox, Magna Britannia Antiqua & Nova, Vokume 4, Staffordshire. Warwickshire. (1738),.
- [S2142] Passenger List of the "Elizabeth Bonaventure" - https://www.familysearch.org/service/records/storage/…