Louis Majeau dit Maisonseul
M, b. 1645, d. 17 January 1700
Louis was born in 1645 in St-Maixent-l'Ecole, Duex Severes, Poitou-Charentes, France, at the parish of St-Martin. He was the son of Abraham Majeau & Jacquette De-la-Veau.1 1681, Louis was listed on the Canadian Census in Repentigny, L'Assomption County, Quebec, Canada. Enumerated in this household were Louis Mongeault [36 years].2 He was a soldier. A contract for the marriage of Louis and Marguerite Jourdain was signed on 29 December 1688. Louis married Marguerite Jourdain on 8 January 1689 in Repentigny at the Church of the Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary.3,4 Louis departed this life on Sunday, 17 January 1700 in Repentigny at age 55 years. He was buried there in the cemetery of the Purificaton-de-la-Blessed-Virgin-Mary on Monday, 18 January 1700.5
|Marguerite Jourdain b. c 12 Nov 1648, d. 19 May 1720|
- [S1557] Genealogy of Canada: Abraham Mageau m. 21 August 1643 St-Maisent-l'Ecole [Calvinist Temple], La-Rochelle to Jacquette Delavaux - www.nosorigines.qc.ca/GenealogieQuebec.aspx?genealogy.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 97477.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Marriage: 8 January 1689 - Louis Majot, orgin: St-Martin, St-Maixent, Diocese of Poitiers; son of Abraham Majot; and Marguerite Jourdin, widow of Bernard Delpesche; at the parish of the Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Repentigny, L'Assomption County, Quebec. - www.genealogiequebec.com.
- [S1620] Migrations - King's Daughters: Married 2nd: Louis Mageau dit Maisonseul - born: about 1645 in the parish of St-Martin de St Maixent, Two Severes, Poitou Charentes - son of Abraham Mageau & Jacquette De la Veau - of the parish St-Martin a St-Maixent - soldier - children: 3 - contract of marriage: 29 December 1688 - married: 8 January 1689 - died: 17 January 1700 at Repentigny - www.migrations.fr/700filleroy.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Burial: 18 January 1700 - Louis Majot; age: 55 years; died: yesterday; witnesses: Jean Magneron, Jean Escarbot; at the Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Repentigny, L'Assomption County, Quebec, Canada. - www.genealogiequebec.com.