F, b. circa 12 November 1648, d. 19 May 1720
Marguerite was born in Le Bois-Robert, Seine-Maritime, Normandy, France. She was the daughter of Claude Jourdan & Marguerite De-la-Haye. She was christened there on 12 November 1648 in the parish of Notre-Dame. On 10 June 1667, Marguerite departed from Normandy, France aboard the ship, "St-Louis-de-Dieppe", as one of the "Files-du-Roi". They arrived at Quebec the 25th of September..1 A contract for the marriage of Marguerite & Bernard Delpesche dit Belair was signed on 23 November 1667. It was drawn up by notary Basset.. Marguerite married Bernard Delpesche dit Belair on 25 November 1667 in Riviere-Ouelle, Kamouraska County, Quebec, Canada, at the church of Notre-Dame-de-Liesse.2,3 1681, Marguerite and her husband, Bernard, were listed on the Canadian Census in Repentigny, L'Assomption County, Quebec, Canada. Enumerated in this household were Bernard Delpeche [40 years], his wife: Marguerite Jourdin [30 years], Marie [11 years], Catherine [9 years], Madeleine [5 years], Jeanne [2 years].4 Marguerite's husband, Bernard, died on 9 December 1687 in Repentigny leaving her a widow. A contract for the marriage of Marguerite & Louis Majeau dit Maisonseul was signed on 29 December 1688.. Marguerite married 2nd Louis Majeau dit Maisonseul on 8 January 1689 in Repentigny at the Church of the Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary.5,6 Marguerite's 2nd husband, Louis, died on 17 January 1700 in Repentigny, leaving her a widow. Marguerite departed this life on Sunday, 19 May 1720 in St-Sulpice, Quebec, Canada. She was buried there in the churchyard of St-Sulpice on Monday, 20 May 1720.7
|Bernard Delpesche dit Belair b. 1641, d. 9 Dec 1687|
|Louis Majeau dit Maisonseul b. 1645, d. 17 Jan 1700|
- [S1620] Migrations - King's Daughters: Marguerite Jourdain -Immigration: 10 June 1667 - departed from Normandy on ship, "St-Louis-de-Dieppe" - arrived 25 September 1667 at Quebec - 90 "Filles-du-Roi" & 100 contracted men - 16 women arrived sick
History: daughter of Claude Jourdain & Marguerite De-la-Haye - baptized: 12 November 1648 at Notre-Dame-du-Bois-Robert, Seine-Maritine, Archdiocese of Rouen in Haute-Normandy
Died: 19 May 1720 at St-Sulpice - www.migrations.fr/700filleroy.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Marriage: 25 November 1667 - Bernard Dalpec Belair, orgin: the parish of Tonnac, Rouergue; son of Jean Dalpec & Jeanne Tesseranne; and Marguerite Jourdain, orgin: the parish of Bois-Rovert, Normandy; daughter of Claude Jourdin & Marguerite de-la-Haye; at the parish of Notre-Dame, Montreal - www.genealogiequebec.com.
- [S1620] Migrations - King's Daughters: Marguerite Jourdain - Married 1st: Bernard Delpesche dit Belair - born: 1641 - son of Jean Delpeschee & Antoinette Ste-Jeanne [Langlois]; of Jeanne, Tesseranne of the village of St-Marc, parish of Tonnac, Tarn, Midi-Pyrenees - occupation: soldier; by contract: 23 November 1667 by notary Basset & married: 25 November 1667 1at Montreal - died: 9 December 1687 Repentigny - they had 9 children [listed]
x - www.migrations.fr/700filleroy.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Marriage: 8 January 1689 - Louis Majot, orgin: St-Martin, St-Maixent, Diocese of Poitiers; son of Abraham Majot; and Marguerite Jourdin, widow of Bernard Delpesche; at the parish of the Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Repentigny, L'Assomption County, Quebec. - www.genealogiequebec.com.
- [S1620] Migrations - King's Daughters: Married 2nd: Louis Mageau dit Maisonseul - born: about 1645 in the parish of St-Martin de St Maixent, Two Severes, Poitou Charentes - son of Abraham Mageau & Jacquette De la Veau - of the parish St-Martin a St-Maixent - soldier - children: 3 - contract of marriage: 29 December 1688 - married: 8 January 1689 - died: 17 January 1700 at Repentigny - www.migrations.fr/700filleroy.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Burial: 19 May 1720 - Marguerite __________ , age of around 75 years, widow of Bernard Dalpecq & Louis Majot; at St-Sulpice. - www.genealogiequebec.com.