F, b. 27 April 1783, d. 2 August 1858
|Father||George Michael Haag b. 12 May 1762|
|Mother||Anna Catharina Saladin b. 28 Mar 1762|
Catharina was born on Sunday, 27 April 1783 in Tulpehocken Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania. On 29 May 1783, she was christened in Rehreersburg, Berks County, Pennsylvania, at Altalaha Lutheran Church. The sponsor of her christening was Miss Margartha Haagin.2 Catharina married Solomon IM Shaffstall, son of Peter IM Shoffstall and Anna Elizabeth Kornman, circa 1803 in Pennsylvania. The family removed to Crawford County, Ohio in 1832. On 30 December 1835, Solomon purchased 80 acres in Crawford County.3 Catharina's husband, Solomon, died on 4 April 1849 in Liberty Township, Crawford County, Ohio, leaving her a widow. Catharina departed this life on Monday, 2 August 1858 in Liberty Township at age 75 years, 3 months and 6 days.4 She was buried there at Liberty Township in the Yeiter Cemetery.5
|Solomon IM Shaffstall b. 5 Dec 1777, d. 4 Apr 1849|
- [S216] Phillip A. Rice & Jean A. Dellock, Collected Church Records of Berks County, Pennsylvania, page 127.
- [S686] Altalaha Lutheran Church Christening Records: 29 May 1783 - Catharina, daughter of George Michael Haag & Catharina & her sponsor: Margartha Haagin [single].
- [S414] Bureau of Land Management of the United States Government: no. 10404: 30 December 1835 - Solomon M Shaffstall T1S R17E - west 1/2 of the southeast 1/4 of section 33 being 80 acres in Crawford County, Ohio - www.glorecords.blm.gov.
- [S953] Find a grave: Courstesy of Ken Striker. - www.findagrave.com.
- [S225] Carl Shumaker, Cemeteries of Crawford County, Ohio, Volume 3: page 469 - Catherine Shaffstall born: __; death: 8 February 1858 age 75 years; parents: unknown; spouse: Solomon Shaffstall; burial: Yeiter Cemetery - grave 52.