M, b. after 25 November 1616, d. 1654
|Father||John Fiske b. c 1580|
|Mother||Anne Lawter b. c 1582, d. 1637|
William was born after 25 November 1616 in the parish of St. James, South Elham, County Suffolk, England. He was born by 24 September 1619 when his grandmother, Mary Lawter, names him in her will of that date.4,5 He immigrated with his mother and siblings in 1637. He first settled at Salem where he was a member of the Salem Church in 2 July 1641. Soon he removed to Wenham, where he was the 1st town clerk. William married Bridgett Muskett in 1643 in Salem, Essex County, Massachusetts. William & Bridgett had children: William [chr. 6/04/1643][m. 1/15/1662 Sarah Kilham] [1649-1/26/1737]], Samuel [m. Phebe Bragg & 2nd Mrs. Hannah Allen], Joseph [m. Elizabeth Hanan], Benjamin [m. Bathsheba Morse], & Martha.6,7 William departed this life in 1654 in Wenham, Essex County, Massachusetts. His death was sudden & he died intestate. Letters of Administration were granted to his widow, Bridgett on 16 July 1654.2
- [S1143] Josephine Frosg, Ancestors of Jerry Crary and Laura Antoinette Dunham of Warren, Pennsylvania, page 150 - William Fiske, son of John & Anne [Landersee] Fiske, was born in England about 1613, and married at Salem, Mass., 1643, Bridgett Muskett of Pllham,, England. He was a member of the Salem Church in 1641, but removed to Wenham, where he was the 1st town clerk. He ied suddenly intestate in 1654. After his death, his widow married in 1661, Dr. Thomas Rix of Salem.
- [S1144] Frederick Clifton Pierce, Fiske and Fiske Family, page 56.
- [S1155] G. Andrews Moriarty, The Fiske Family, page 273 - William fiske of Salem & Wenham, Massachusetts; under 24 years of age in September 1638; died probably at Wenham, about 1654, the inventory of his estate being taken 16 September 1654; m. Bridget Matchet, daughter of __ Matchet of Pulham, County Norfolk, Englandl
He wnt to Massachusetts in 1637 and settled at Salem. He was admitted freeman 18 May 1642, was a constable 1644, and was licensed by the general court to sell wine 13 November 1644. He was a deputy to the general court and moved to Wenhan.
- [S1144] Frederick Clifton Pierce, Fiske and Fiske Family, page 56 - ... in the Colonial Record is a settlement of rights between William and his brother, John, by which it seems he was under 24 years of age in September 1638. [Note: This could make his birth after 1616 & could be why he was not mentioned in his grandfather, John Fiske's will. - klm]
- [S506] Note: Williamdoes not metion John's son William being among the grandchildren in his will. He must have been born after 25 November 1616.
- [S1144] Frederick Clifton Pierce, Fiske and Fiske Family, page 5.
- [S1143] Josephine Frosg, Ancestors of Jerry Crary and Laura Antoinette Dunham of Warren, Pennsylvania, page 151.