F, b. 20 May 1841, d. 24 March 1910
|Father||John Wheeler Beardslee b. 18 Aug 1799, d. 24 Jan 1883|
|Mother||Elizabeth Ann Carpenter b. 8 Oct 1810, d. 1892|
Beardslee was born on Thursday, 20 May 1841 in the family home at the Sashabaw Plains, Independence Township, Oakland County, Michigan, at 9:00 am. Anna married William Haight Leggett, son of Augustus Wright Leggett and Eliza Seaman, on 7 November 1860 in Independence Township at the Sashabaw Plains. In a Quaker ceremony. Marriage Notice: Mr. William H. Leggett of Waterford and Miss Annie Beardslee of Independence married in Independence on Wednesday the 7th instant [November 1860] after the manner of the Society of Friends. [Pontiac Gazette - 9 November 1860] 26 July 1870, Anna and her husband, William, were listed on the U.S. Federal Census in Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan. Enumerated in this household were William H. Leggett [29 New York], his wife, Annie B. [28 New York], children: John W. [6 Michigan], Augustus [3 Michigan] & William H. [4 months Michigan]. Propery value $3,000.00 & personal value $400.00.3 2 June 1880, Anna and her husband, William, were listed on the U.S. Federal Census in Detroit at 566 Third Avenue. Enumerated in this household were William H. Leggett [39 New York], his wife: Annie [39 Michigan], children: John [16 Michigan], & Augustus [14 Michigan]. William was a stationery clerk & John at the telephone office.4 5 June 1900, Anna and her husband, William, were listed on the U.S. Federal Census in Detroit at 212 Grand Blvd. East. Enumerated in this household were William H. Leggett [November 1841 - 60 New York], his wife: Annie B. [May 1843 - 57 Michigan], children: Fredrick C. [December 1880 - 19 Michigan], & Lucile B. [February 1885 - 15 Michigan]. They had been married 38 years with 6 children, 4 living. William was in real estate & Fred was a clerk at a wholesale hardware store.5 Anna departed this life on Thursday, 24 March 1910 in Detroit at the family home at 2895 East Grand Boulevard at age 68 years, 10 months and 4 days.6,7 Her funeral took place at her residence at 9:30 am on 26 March and burial followed at Sashabaw Cemetery, Independence Township, Oakland County, Michigan.8
|William Haight Leggett b. 7 Nov 1840, d. 26 Jan 1920|
- [S52] S. Whitney Phoenix, The Whitney Family of Connecticut and Its Affiliations, page 1169.
- [S91] Michigan Daughters of the American Revolution, Old Bible and Other Genealogical Records, Volume 5: page 103.
- [S676] 1870 United States Federal Census: Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan - 5th Ward, page 317 - transcribed by Larry & Kathy McCurdy.
- [S677] 1880 United States Federal Census: Detroit, County, Michigan - Enumeration District 281, sheet 5, line 26 - transcribed by Larry & Kathy McCurdy.
- [S679] 1900 United States Federal Census: Wayne County, Michigan - Enumeration District 32, sheet 5, line 90 - transcribed by Larry & Kathy McCurdy.
- [S651] EATH nOTICE: LEGGETT – March 24 at residence, 2895 Grand Blvd east, Annie B., wife of William H. Leggett. Funeral today 9:30 am [Detroit Free Press: 26 March 1910, page 10].
- [S1972] Michigan, Death Records, 1867-1952: Certificates, 1867-1920 - Annie B. Leggett - Address: 2895 E Grand Blvd, Detroit; married: yes; Birth: 20 May 1842, 67 years 10 months 4 days; Parents: John W. Beardslee & Elizabeth Carpenter of New York; cause: Mitral insufficience and chronic gastritis; date of death: 22 March 1910; burial: Independence Township, Michigan.
- [S8] Daughters of the American Revolution. Ponitac, Michigan - present to the Michigan Historical Commission - 1938 Richardson Chapter, Cemetery Records of Oakland County, Michigan, Volume II: page 254 - Sashabaw Plains Cemetery - Annie Beardslee Leggett May 20, 1843-March 25, 1910.