M, b. circa 1580, d. before 26 March 1618
|Father||John Tuthill II b. c 1550|
Henry was born circa 1580 in Saxlingham, Nethergate, County Norfolk, England. Henry married Alice Gooch, daughter of John Gooch and Margaret Rau, circa 1606 in England. He made his will 20 March 1618 at Tharston, County Norfolk, England. He mentions his father-in-law: John Gooch, his wife: Alice, his mother-in-law: Margaret Rau, brother John, kinswoman Ann Woodyard and his children: John, William, Henry, Alice & Elizabeth.5 Henry departed this life in Tharston. He was buried there at Tharston in St. Mary's Churchyard. His will was probated on 20 April 1619.
|Alice Gooch b. c 1588|
- [S343] Josephine C. Frost, Ancestors of James Wilson Yates and his wife Nancy Davis Terry: showing Mayflower descen t from John Alden, Myles Standish, William Mullines, Alice Mullines, Priscilla Mullines, from Rev. Nathaniel Brewster and through the Drakes, from nearly all the royal families of Europe, page 79 - HENRY TUTHILL, son, of John Tuthill was of Tharston, Co. Norfolk, Eng. was born in 1580. His will dated March 20, 1618 was proved April 20, 1619 mentions his father John Gooch, wife Alice and five children. The Church Register of St. Mary's, Tharston contains the entry of his burial on March 26, 1618 and records the baptism of all his children.
- [S344] Josephine C Frost, Ancestors of James Wickham and his Wife Cora Prudence Billard, page 101 - HENRY TUTHILL, son of John Tuthill, was of Tharston, County Suffolk, England, and was born in 1580. His will, dated March 20, 1618, was proven April 20, 1619, and mentions his father John Gooch, wife Alice, mother-in-law Margaret Rau, kinswoman Ann WWWoodyard and children, John, William, Henry, Alice, Elizabeth. The church register of St. Mary's, Tharston, records his burial March 26, 1618, and the baptism of his children.
- [S125] Alva M. Tuttle, Tuttle & Tuthill Lines in America, page 247.
- [S342] Wayland Jefferson, Southold Town, Suffolk County, Long Island, New York, page 32 - HENRY TUTHILL Of Tharston, England, and Hingham, Mass., b. 1612 and m. Bridget -, who came to America with him, and m. 2nd William Wells. Henry and Bridget Tuthill had issue: John-2; Elizabeth-2 m. William Johnson; Nathaniel who went to New Jersey; Daniel-2.
JOHN TUTHILL-2 m. 1st Deliverance King (1657), 2nd Sarah Frost Youngs. Issue by first wife: John-3; Elizabeth-3: Henry-3; Hannah-3; Abigial-3; Dorothy-3 d. y.; Deliverarice-3 d. y.; Daniel-3; Nathaniel-3; Mary (dau. of 2nd wife) d. y.
JOHN TUTHILL-3 m. Mehitable Wells (circa 1683) John-4; James-4; Mary-4; Joshua-4; Dorothy-4; Daniel-4; Freegift-4; Hannah-4.
HENRY TUTHILL-3 m. Bethia Horton (before 1690), had issue: Henry-4; Jonathan-4; Nathaniel-4; Barnabas-4; Bethia-4.
DANIEL TUTHILL-3 m. Mehitable Horton, had issue: Mehitable-4; Nathaniel-4; Abigail4; Daniel-4; Noah-4; Patience-4; Lydia-4; Mary-4.
NATHANIEL TUTHILL-3 m. Mary Petty, had issue: John-4; Deliverance-4.
ELIZABETH TUTHILL-3 m. William Wells-2, had issue: William, John, Henry, Mary. She survived her husband and m. 2nd John Goldsmith (1698).
HANNAH TUTHILL-3 m. Joshua Wells-2 (bro. of Wm. above), had issue: Mary, Hannah, Joshua, Deliverance, Abigail, Anna, Samuel, Daniel, Solomon, Nathaniel, Bethia, Mehitable, Deborah and Freegift Wells.
ABIGAIL TUTHILL-3 m. 1st Joseph Conklin (1690), had issue: Joseph and John Conkling; 2nd m. to Dr. John Parker; had issue: Mary and Abigail Parker.
- [S1690] Lucy Dubois Ackerly, The Tuthill Family of Tharston, Norfolk Co., England, page 124. - americanancestors.com.