M, b. 1647, d. circa 17 May 1722
Pierre was born in 1647 in Angers, Maine-et-Loire, Anjou, France. He was the son of Jean Richer & Marie Galarde.1 He was christened there in St-Pierre. A contract was drawn up by the notary Mr. Duquet. for the marriage of Pierre and Dorothee Brassart. It was signed on 5 September 1671..2 Pierre married Dorothee Brassart, daughter of Antoine Brassart and Francoise Merry, on 5 October 1671 in ville de Quebec, Quebec, Canada, at the Basilica of Notre Dame.3 Pierre & Dorothee had children: Etiennette [7/17/1673], Marie Catherine [7/01/1674-6/08/1746][m. 10/12/1693 Joseph Pineault dit Laperle], Marie Therese [5/05/1676-11/10/1746][m. 2/12/1692 Jacques Grignon], Pierre [1/17/1680-11/02/1755][m. 10/12/1716 Marguerite Hubert & 2nd 5/04/1726 Charlotte Hamel], Christine [5/05/1682-9/01/1688], Michel [2/13/1686-2/21/1727][m. 11/04/1714 Marie Louise-Charlotte Pilotte], Jean-Baptiste [12/10/1688-11/04/1748][m. 7/14/1715 Marie Jeanne Francoise Pilotte], Marie Marguerite [5/23/1691-8/22/1761][m. 3/07/1709 Charlies Ricard], Marie Josephe [8/03/1693-11/08/1758][m. 8/20/1714 Michel Frenet], Marie Therese [12/07/1695-9/06/1747][m. 1/07/1722 Jean-Baptiste Houde], Antoine [5/22/1698-6/02/1749] & Marie-Anne [4/14/1700-6/20/1741][m. 8/14/1719 Simon Lemay].4 1681, Pierre and Dorothee were listed on the Canadian Census in Batiscan, Les Chenaux County, Quebec, Canada. Enumerated in this household were Pierre Richer [34 years], Dorothee Brassad [24 years], Catherine [7 years], Marie [5 years] & Pierre [2 years].5 Pierre departed this life in Ste-Anne-de-La-Perade, Champlain County, Quebec, Canada. He was buried there in the cemetery of Ste-Anne-de-La-Perade on Sunday, 17 May 1722.6
|Dorothee Brassart b. 30 Jul 1656, d. c 7 Nov 1738|
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Individual Certificate Number 65399 - Birth: 1647 - Pierre Richer, son of Jean Richer & Marie Galarde; at St-Pierre de Thouarce, Angers, Anjou.
- [S1557] Genealogy of Canada - www.nosorigines.qc.ca/GenealogieQuebec.aspx?genealogy.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Marriage: 5 October 1671 - Pierre Richer, son of the late Jean Richer & Marie Galarde Dorothee Brassart, daughter of the late Antoine Brassart & the late Francoise Mery; at Notre Dame de Quebec. - www.genealogiequebec.com.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Family Certificate Number 3595.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 97344.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Burial: 15 May 1722 - Pierre Richer, died at round the age of 77 years; at Ste-Anne-de-la -Perade. - www.genealogiequebec.com.