F, b. 1613, d. 11 July 1671
Francoise was born in 1613 in Tourouvre, Orne, Normandy, France. She left her home in France enroute for Quebec, as one of the "filles a Marier". She probably arrived in Quebec, in the fall of 1636, most likely with a marriage contract in hand. Francoise married Antoine Brassart on 14 January 1637 in ville de Quebec, Quebec, Canada, at the chapel of Notre-Dame-de-la-Recouvrance.1 They returned in 1639 to France. In 1641, the couple and their children returned to Quebec. On 4 July 1642, Antoine signed a contract with Guilluame Coillart, a carpenter and farmer who was in the possession of large parcels of land. In 1647, Antoine became qualified to be titled a master mason.2 1666, Francoise and her husband, Antoine, were listed on the Canadian Census in ville de Quebec, Quebec, Canada. Enumerated in this household were Antoine Broussard [57 years], Francoise Mery [45 years], Guillaume [18 years], Antoine [16 years], Jean-Baptiste [14 years], Louis [12 years] & Dorothee [9 years].3 1667, Francoise and her husband, Antoine, were listed on the Canadian Census in Sillery, ville de Quebec, Quebec, Canada. Enumerated in this household were Antoine Bassard [58 years], Francoise Mery [54 years], Guillaume [20 years], Antoine [18 years], Jean [16 years], Louis [14 years] & Dorothee [12 years].4 Francoise's husband, Antoine, died before 9 July 1669 in ville de Quebec leaving her a widow. Francoise departed this life on Saturday, 11 July 1671 in Grand-Allee, ville de Quebec at age 58 years. She was buried there in the Notre Dame Cemetery on Sunday, 12 July 1671.5
|Antoine Brassart b. c 1609, d. b 9 Jul 1669|
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Marriage: 14 January 1637 - Antoine Brassart & Francoise Mery; at the chapel Notre-Dame-de-la-Reouvrance, Quebec. - www.genealogiequebec.com.
- [S1621] Antoine Brassard/Francoise Mery burial place - genforum.genealogy.com/brassard/message/78.html.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 95894.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 96853.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Burial: 12 July 1671 - Francoise Mery, died yesterday, widow of Antoine Brassard; resided at Grand-Allee; at Notre Dame de Quebec. - www.genealogiequebec.com.