John Searing I1
M, b. circa 1648, d. 16 April 1712
|Father||Simon Seroen b. c 1613, d. a 31 Aug 1698|
John was born circa 1648 in the Town of Hempstead, Queens County, Long Island, New York. John married Susanah Pine, daughter of James Pine and Susannah Armitage, on 10 May 1678 in the Town of Hempstead, Queens County, Long Island, New York.2,3,4,5 In 1685, John Searing, son of Simon, pays property tax in Hempstead. 31 August 1698, John and Susanah and his wife, [ROF:Hempstead Town] were listed on the Hempstead Town Census. Enumerated in this household were John Sering, Susanah, Simon Searing, [father], John Jr., Jeams, Samuell, Simon, Jonathan, Mary, Sarah & Hannah. John made his will in 1712 at Hempstead Town, Queens County, Long Island, New York. He mentions his wife and sons: John, James, Simon & Jonathan. John departed this life on Saturday, 16 April 1712 in Hempstead Town, Queens County, Long Island, New York.
|Susanah Pine b. c 1653, d. a 31 Aug 1698|
- [S239] Patia Havens L'Hommedieu, The Searings of Connecticut Farms, New Jersey, Division of the Sering Land.
By a special indenture the four brothers made division of the land
willed them in 1713 by John Searing, their father. They report: "John Searing hath a lot of meddow on Denton's Neck containing six acres as it was laid out for his share, and James Searing, Simon Searing and Jonathan Searing have a lot or meadow at Rainer's Neck containing fifteen acres as it was laid out for their share." They express satisfaction and sign as John, James, Simon and Jonathan Searing. Samuel was already in Elizabeth and perhaps had had his equivalent share. Simon's Elizabeth Town descendants held Long island rights much later.
- [S408] Marriage Record: It is noted by J. Searing that it came from Rev. Arthur Searing Peck of Sanford, Flordia. noted in L'Homedieu book - Marriage Licenses prior to 1784 by Secretary of the Province of New York]
- [S535] New York Marriage Records, 1686-1980: 10 May 1678 - John Seryon & Susannah Pyne.
- [S526] New York Marriages Licenses: 10 May 1678 - John Seryon & Susannah Pyne.
- [S535] New York Marriage Records, 1686-1980: 1678 10 May; John Seryon; Susannah Pyne.