F, b. 5 July 1739, d. 8 June 1813
|Father||John Searing III b. c 1703, d. b 12 May 1746|
|Mother||Elizabeth (?) b. b 1710, d. b 20 Apr 1761|
Mary was born on Sunday, 5 July 1739 in Hempstead Town, Queens County, Long Island, New York. On 13 October 1744, she was christened in Queens County, Long Island, New York, at St. George's Anglician Church in the Town of Hempstead.1 Mary married Willet Seaman, son of Samuel Seaman and Martha Willets Valentine, on 11 February 1762 in Queens County, Long Island, New York, at St. George's Anglician Church in the Town of Hempstead.2,3,4,5 Mary's husband, an unknown person , died on 5 April 1807 in the City, County & State of New York, leaving her a widow; from a stone in his bladder.6 Mary departed this life on Tuesday, 8 June 1813 in the City, County & State of New York. She suffered from paralysis & for eight years laid in bed. She was a slight lady and could be carried to places.7
|Willet Seaman b. 15 Oct 1737, d. 5 Apr 1807|
- [S1005] Benjamin D. Hicks, Records of St. George's Church, Hempstead, Long Island - from June 5, 1725 - Marriages, 13 October 1744 - John, s., & Mary, d., of John & Elizabeth Searing.
- [S79] William Wade Hinshaw, Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume III: paga 445-446 - Willets, s/o Samuel & Martha Seaman, m. Mary Searing, daughter of Dr. Valentine; disowned marriage out 4-28-1762
Volume III [Westbury Meeting]: page 446 - Mary Searing, d/o Dr. Valentine Searing m. Willet Seaman. [Note: There is an error with Mary's father-should be John Searing not Valentine - klm]
- [S862] New York Marriage Licenses: 09 February 1762 - Willett Seaman & Mary Serring.
- [S978] St. George's Episcopal Church Records, originally Anglican - founded in 1702: Marriage Record: 11 February 1762 - Willett Seaman & Mary Sering - longislandgenealogy,com.
- [S1006] Benjamin D. Hicks, Records of St. George's Church, Hempstead, Long Island - from June 5, 1725 - Marriages, 11 February 1762 - Willett Seaman marriage License to Mary Searing.
- [S407] Tombstone Inscription: His gravestone states he was 69 years old.
- [S407] Tombstone Inscription: Her gravestone says she was 73.11.3 years old.