M, b. circa 15 August 1653, d. 5 March 1734
Jean was born in Angers, Maine-et-Loire, Pays de la Loire, France. He was the son of Jean Pare and Suzanne Cloques.1 He was christened there on 15 August 1653 in Church of the Trinity.2,3 1681, Jean was listed on the Canadian Census in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Enumerated in this household were Jean Pare [25 years].4 Jean married Marie-Marguerite Picard, daughter of Huges Picard and Marie-Anne-Antoinette Deliercourt, on 20 October 1681 in Montreal at the Basilica of Notre Dame.5 Jean's wife, Marie-Marguerite, died before 18 January 1727 in Lachine, Montreal, leaving him a widower. Jean departed this life on Friday, 5 March 1734 in Lachine, Montreal. He was buried there in the churchyard of Sts-Anges Gardiens on Saturday, 6 March 1734.6
|Marie-Marguerite Picard b. c 16 Feb 1666, d. b 18 Jan 1727|
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Jean Pare, son of Jean Pare & Suzanne Cloques.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography.
- [S1952] Quebec, Quebec Federation of Genealogical Societies, Family Origins, 1621-1865: Jean Pare - Baptised 15 August 1653 at La Trintity Church, Angers; a sister, Marie was baptised there on 25 May 1655 and a brother 9 June 1657. - https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QKDB-HQ9V : 25.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 98228.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Marriage: 20 October 1681 - Jean Pare, age: 27 years, sargent of the garrison of Monseau at Montreal and Marguerite Picard, age: 16 years, daugher of Hugues Picard & Antoinette Guillarcour; at the parish of Notre Dame, Montreal - www.genealogiequebec.com.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Burial: 6 March 1734 - Jean Pare; age: 84 years; died: yesterday; witnesses: Joseph Pominville, Jean-Baptiste Dubois dit Laguerre; at the parish of St-Anges-Gardiens, Lachine - www.genealogiequebec.com.