F, b. 1646, d. 2 May 1713
|Father||Walter Palmer b. c 1585, d. 10 Nov 1661|
|Mother||Rebecca Short d. 15 Jul 1671|
Rebecca was born in 1646 in Rehoboth, Bristol County, Massachusetts. Rebecca married Elisha Chesebrough on 20 April 1665 in Stonington, New London County, Connecticut. She and Rebecca were blessed with one child. Rebecca's husband, Elisha, died before 1672 in New London County, Connecticut, leaving her a widow. Rebecca married 2nd John Baldwin, son of Sylvester Baldwin and Sarah (?), on 24 July 1672 in Stonington, New London County, Connecticut.2 She and Rebecca were blessed with 6 children. They settled on a. large tract of land in Stonington that had belonged to Rebecca.3 Rebecca's husband, John, died on 19 August 1683 in Milford, New Haven County, Connecticut, leaving her a widow. She out lived him by about thirty years.4 Rebecca departed this life on Tuesday, 2 May 1713 in Stonington, New London County, Connecticut.5
|John Baldwin b. 28 Oct 1635, d. 19 Aug 1683|
- [S694] Edward R. Lambert, History of the Colony of New Haven, page 516.
- [S138] Charles Candee Baldwin, The Baldwin Genealody from 1500-1881, On the 24th of July, 1672, be married Rebecca Palmer, daughter of the first Walter Palmer, of Stonington, and. young widow of Elisha Cheesborough. They settled in Stonington, where she owned a. large tract of land.
- [S698] Honorable John D. Baldwin, John Baldwin of Stonington & Other John Baldwin's of Early Colonial Times, Page 75 - John Baldwin removed from Milford to New London in 1664; and from New London to Stonington in 1672, immediately after his second marriage, the reason for his settling in Stonington being the possession of a very large tract of land in the north part of that town. Most of this land was bequeathed to the son Theophilus, by his mother, and has been occupied by five successive generations of her Baldwin descendants. I was born on it [being John D. Baldwin].
- [S138] Charles Candee Baldwin, The Baldwin Genealody from 1500-1881, page 240 - John, the father, died 19 August 1683.
- [S138] Charles Candee Baldwin, The Baldwin Genealody from 1500-1881, page 239 - Rebecca outlived him [John Baldwin] about thirty years, and died May 2nd, 1713.